Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Art in Recovery: A new Discovery, a new Beginning

I've been sober for several years now. The entire time I was a work horse: had my own business, extracurricular activities (the gym, etc) and of course meetings and conventions/roundups. But I never once tried painting or drawing. Until this last year.

Staying at home with my kids, I needed to be doing more with my own hands. I'd help the kids with their things, but I really needed to feel like I was creating something of my own. I draw and paint as much as I can now, and I know I have so much to learn. But I am so happy I've found this outlet. I just think if I was still using and drinking, there's no way I would've discovered this.

I find discoveries like this all the time. Or I have flash backs to how I was before I started using. I miss that chick and I like being reminded of her.

My heart is full today and I hope to get some painting done.

Love to you,
Kath D

No comments:

Post a Comment